November 3, 2009

The Mediterranean Holy Land

On October 21, 2009, I arrived in Thessaloniki, Greece. This country is my ancestral homeland, where my parents were born and grew up. My last visit at 5 years of age still provides blurry images of my time here, but it's not the same. This trip to Greece is an abundant gift from God that I never thought would occur so soon. After my arrival, I was greeted by two friends of mine, the newly-weds. We went on a walking tour of the waterfront of the city (the Paraleia), with views of sailing ships and Mount Olympus. The amazing views of the city gave me a sense of great excitement and curiosity. I was ready to go exploring this treasure of antiquity and holiness. And a few cappuccinos and delicious seafood meals along the way never hurts...

1 comment:

  1. I'm living vicariously through you! I look forward to seeing/hearing more!

    ReplyDelete